Student membership is available to undergraduate and graduate students currently enrolled at the University of South Florida St. Petersburg and who meet the following academic qualifications:
- Candidates for undergraduate membership must have completed a minimum of two college courses in English language or literature beyond the usual requirements in freshman English. The candidate must have a minimum of a B or equivalent average in English and an overall B average in general scholarship and must have completed at least three semesters or five quarters of college coursework. Candidates for undergraduate membership need not be majoring or minoring in the discipline of English.
- Candidates for graduate membership who did not hold undergraduate membership must be enrolled in a graduate program in English or one of its specializations, have completed six semester hours of graduate work or the equivalent, and have a minimum grade point average of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale.
Sigma Tau Delta members are members for life, becoming alumni when they cease current enrollment as student or faculty members at a college or university with an active chapter. (To stay in touch with Sigma Tau Delta, alumni members may join the Alumni Epsilon Chapter.)
Each new member pays an international induction fee of $40 for a lifetime membership with Sigma Tau Delta. This payment may be submitted to Dr. Thomas Hallock or via PayPal. Applicants can provide payment at one of the weekly meetings located in the upstairs conference room in Harbor Hall on Thursdays at 5:00 PM.
The Benefits of Membership
- Sigma Tau Delta members are eligible to submit for publication to the two literary journals: The Sigma Tau Delta Rectangle and The Sigma Tau Delta Review.
- For more information, view the Sigma Tau Delta submission guidelines. 2019 journal submissions will be accepted between April 2 – May 8.
- In addition to the option to submit to their journals, members are encouraged to submit articles to The Sigma Tau Delta Newsletter and WORDY by Nature.
Want to Apply for Membership
Fill out our online application form or print one and submit it following the instruction on the application form page. Please submit the one-time dues payment of $40 to Dr. Thomas Hallock or via PayPal. If using PayPal, be sure to include your first and last name.